Our client Vopak has set ambitious growth objectives. Much of this growth will require large modifications and expansions of their terminals. Three things are in the core of their strategy: Sales, Operations and Technical. Their projects are tasked to deliver functionality that allows sales to capture the most attractive parts of the market and that allows operations to service that efficiently.
Your main missions
- You are responsible for the definition and execution of the prospects/projects assigned to you covering all aspects on safety, budget, schedule and scope.
- You actively contribute to making the company better.
How will you do this
- Set up and manage all project activities to result in safe delivery of the scope.
- Develop the project baseline, including strategies, execution plan, budget and schedule.
- Manage the budget, quality, planning, risks and scope of the project.
- Manage the execution of the project
- Manage the multidisciplinary project team
- Manage all stakeholders of the project (internally and externally).
- To make the company better you will identify room for improvement the standard work processes and contribute to improving the standards to achieve continuous improvement of the way the company executes large projects.
Your job in bulletpoints
- Relevant Master degree, such as mechanical, electrical, civil or project management
- At least 5 years of experience and proven track record in a project manager role in industrial, chemical or oil/gas industry
- Knowledge of project management tools and standards including project control systems
- Excellent communication in Dutch and English (verbal and written)
- Excellent report writer
- Excellent communication & management skills for internal project members, engineers and external parties like engineering companies, suppliers and contractors
- Competences: Excellent conceptualizer / scenario thinker supportive to rationalized recommendations to project owners and steering committees, excellent stakeholder management on different levels
- The Project Manager may be required to work from any of the companies locations in the ARA region. The current workload requires a Project Manager to be assigned in the Antwerp area.
- Excellent package, including:
- Company Car