HES International is one of Europe’s largest independent bulk handling companies. They provide dry and liquid bulk product services at 18 sites across eight countries. Services such as transhipment, storage, blending and processing. More than 1350 enthusiastic HES employees work at their terminals and head office.
HSSE Manager Permits & Licenses
Head office: Rotterdam
The job in short:
- Responsible for the HSSE Permit and License processes at our terminals in cooperation with the terminal management and report progress to the group.
- Monitor and Evaluate permit compliancy in cooperation with terminal management and report status to the group.
- Develop HSSE-standards on group level and advise and implement these on terminal level.
Support the organization to keep internal and (inter)national standards, laws and regulations related to HSSE up to date and liaise with stakeholders in policy making processes.
- Monitoring and reporting on compliance with group HSSE-policy that has been implemented at terminals towards the group and advising, reviewing and implementing this policy on terminal level.
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluating the progress of new environmental permitting processes and in assisting the sites in the application process.
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluating compliance with environmental permits and assisting the sites with this process.
- Monitoring, evaluating and informing terminals about new legislative issues that needs to be addressed in the near future.
- Liaising with stakeholders who play a decisive role in environmental policy and regulations in all EU countries where HES International is active, such as national and European governmental organisations, local authorities, branch organizations and NGO’s.
- Assisting and advising terminals and external parties that fall under HES International’s responsibility to improve Environmental performance as well as Environmental and Social Governance.
- Identifying and implementing HSSE–issues on terminal level that need a corporate approach and address and present these issues on a group level.
- Organizing and participating in corporate meetings with HSSE-managers of the terminals to share knowledge and experience and determine goals and effective ways to cooperate.
- Reporting and evaluating the HSSE performance of terminals and external parties that fall under the responsibility of HES International and advise how to improve the performance.
What you bring to the table:
- Good knowledge of health and safety practises and broad experience with applying (international) HSSE rules and regulations. You also have knowledge of decision-making processes regarding environmental policy and permitting.
- Proactive approach. Can easily communicate on various levels within and outside the organization.
- Provide support or are assertive when dealing with an organization depending on the issue and your proven experience in stakeholder management.
- Efficiently manage external consultants.
- Are flexible, analytic, agile and able to adapt to changing requirements.
- Have a “can-do” mentality.
- Bachelor’s degree or a relevant degree with additional professional qualifications in HSSE & Safety Management System. Excellent PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills.
- Ten or more years’ working knowledge/experience in Health, Safety and Environmental Services in the industrial sector.
- Good knowledge of English (both spoken and written), German and French (preferred).
- A competitive all-in salary package including travel expenses.
- Excellent bonus opportunies.
- A fixed contract for one year with the prospect of a contract for an indefinite period.
- Centrally located and easily accessible office right across from Rotterdam Central Station.
- A workplace where communication lines are short and personal.
- An environment where safety plays an important role in the organization.
- Personal and professional growth. Performance and results are rewarded.
- Dynamic international workplace. Visits to our sites in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Vlissingen) as well as in Europe.