HES International is one of Europe’s largest independent bulk handling companies. They provide dry and liquid bulk product services at 18 sites across eight countries. Services such as transhipment, storage, blending and processing. More than 1350 enthusiastic HES employees work at their terminals and head office.
Head office: Rotterdam
The job in short:
- Monitor the HSSE performance of the sites, collect and evaluate HSSE KPI’s, provide feedback to the site and report to group management.
- Advise, review and implement measures in cooperation with terminal management to improve the performance and transparency of HSSE activities.
- Advise and assist in using management systems to monitor performance.
- Support organization in keeping track of internal and (inter)national standards, rules, laws and regulations concerning HSSE.
- Assisting HSSE senior management in collecting, evaluating and reporting KPI’s to monitor HSSE-performance.
- Monitoring HSSE-performance of the terminals, reporting on a monthly basis for the group management and provide feedback to terminal management.
- Proposing ways to improve performance in cooperation with terminal management.
- Monitoring and evaluating the follow up of accidents and calamities.
- Evaluating and proposing a management system to document and monitor Health, Safety and Environmental related issues and Supporting site management in maintaining these systems.
- Initiating, planning and evaluating HSSE audits together with internal or external experts. Managing the follow up together with the terminal’s management.
- Identifying HSSE-related issues that need further attention on a group level and proposing a solution.
- Organizing and participating in corporate meetings with HSSE site managers.
- Able to quickly identify HSSE related bottle-necks and able to provide a solution.
Broad knowledge of (inter)national HSSE rules and regulations and know how to apply them.
- Knowledge of decision-making processes such as reporting, auditing and incident management.
- Experience in managing external parties in the field of environment and labour safety.
- Proactive, solution oriented approach and a ‘can-do’ mentality.
- Team player, can easily communicate on various levels within and outside the organization.
- Flexible, analytic and able to adapt to changing demands in a growing company.
- Bachelor’s or a relevant degree with additional professional qualifications in HSSE.
- High level expertise and skills when it comes to IT systems including advanced knowledge of MS Office. Proven experience with HSSE Management Systems is preferred.
- At least five years’ working experience in Health, Safety and Environment Services in the industrial sector.
- Good knowledge of English (both spoken and written), German and French (preferred).
- A competitive all-in salary package including travel expenses, including excellent bonus opportunity
- A fixed contract for one year with the prospect of a contract for an indefinite period.
- Centrally located and easily accessible office right across from Rotterdam Central Station.
- A workplace where communication lines are short and personal.
- An environment where safety plays an important role in the organization.
- Personal and professional growth. Performance and results are rewarded.
- Dynamic international workplace. Visits to our sites in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Vlissingen) as well as in Europe.