LBC Tank Terminals, with the headquarter in Mechelen, Belgium, is an independent operator of midstream and downstream bulk liquid storage facilities for chemicals, oils and refined petroleum products currently owning and operating a global network of terminals with a combined storage capacity of 2.4 million m3. LBC employs about 600 employees, located at the terminals in Houston, Freeport, Baton Rouge, Rotterdam, Antwerp and the company’s headquarters in Mechelen, Belgium.
Group HR Director
The role reports to the Group CEO (app.25%) and in addition, for app. 75% of his/her time also acts as HR Director for LBC Europe and is part of the European Management Team, and as such also reports to the General Manager Europe.
- Review and enhance job evaluation and related comp&ben methodology for the group
- Increase efficiency of HR function by selecting and implementing HR systems/tools (Learning Management and E-Learning tool)
- Drive stronger performance management methodology at all terminals
- Drive a people strategy that supports growth of the business and strives towards business excellence throughout the group
- Build out proactive and effective relationships with the Unions and Works Councils in all European sites
- Work with the Chief Executive and leadership team in fostering and furthering leadership development at Executive level
- Develop and maintain talent management and succession planning
- Support and build a culture of continuous learning throughout the organization. Recruit and develop the best people and become employer of choice
- Manager HR relates performance through KPIs and develop quantitative measures across the whole HR function
- Together with the terminal manager, responsible for the personnel budget
- Develop and implement a staff retention strategy
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry and legislative developments
Competencies / Education / Experience
- Strong leadership and commercial focus. Open and enthusiastic leadership style, and personal credibility to build internal and external relationships. Very good communication skills.
- Previous experience operating as part of senior management team.
- Previous experience and track record of handling industrial relations in Europe: dealing with council and trade union negotiations
- Prior experience of managing the HR function within a large, geographically spread organization
- Experience of managing cultural diversity
- Budget management experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Senior HR role in an international and industrial/logistics environment
- Degree in relevant field, e.g. Human Relations, Psychology, Labour Law
- Excellent primary salary
- Company car