Huntsman is recruiting an experienced and passionate Technology & Innovation Director to lead their European Product Innovation Team and to drive their R&D function into more downstream marketing line with global divisional and corporate strategies. Reporting to the Vice President of Technology & Innovation you will play a key role in defining and driving their R&D strategy within the core business of their Polyurethanes Division whilst working in partnership with Marketing and Core R&D to commercialize new products to support downstream diversification initiatives.
As a key member of the Global Technology Leadership Team you will play a critical rol in the definition and execution toward their strategic objectives through the effective management of key resources and innovation initiatives.
- Play a leading rol in shifting the business’ footprint ‘downstream’. Working with their Marketing team to assign resources to explore and deliver new technologies and assess potential M&A opportunities
- Develop and commercialize new products and applications outside the current business boundaries through the identification of emerging technologies and new market opportunities
- Defend and extend the current PU business segments through the development of new products and/or enhanced technologies
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement and strategic harmonization between the technology and innovation and commercial teams to ensure R&D and Commercial strategies are best aligned and to maximize commercial value for the business
- Inspire and empower the regional Technical team to perform to their highest potential in line with the agile performance development culture
- Act as a key player of the Global Technology & Innovation leadership team to establish and develop platforms and models for global innovation and technical activities
Key Candidate Requirements:
- PhD (preferred) in Polymer Science or Engineering Plastics with a strong knowledge of Specialty Polymer base applications and markets
- Previous experience with Polymers (preferably Polyurethanes), engineering plastics or relevant application and technology is required
- Excellent leadership skills and a demonstratable track record of driving and delivering change
- Strong communications skills with the ability to inspire and motivate regional teams whilst as part of a global Technology & Innovation Leadership Team
- Extensive background in IP strategy and the development of patents. Previous experience in leading product commercialization strategies within a highly competitive market is also essential
Excellent package – including bonus and company car
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2016 revenues of approximately $ 10 billion. Their chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. They operate more than 75 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in over 30 countries and employ approximately 10,000 associates within their four distinct business divisions.