The Foundation Preparation Pallas-reactor (PALLAS) is designing and building a multifunctional reactor for the production of (medical) isotopes and for conducting nuclear technological research. This reactor will replace the current High Flux Reactor (HFR) in Petten (NL) to guarantee the security of supply for millions of patients worldwide.
PALLAS wants to build its future together with Foundation NRG (NRG). They both have the ambition to continue and enforce the Dutch position as a worldwide top producer of radiopharmaceuticals in Petten, 50km north of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. They are doing this with the realisation of the FIELD-LAB (a research facility for the development of new medicines), the new PALLAS-reactor and the Nuclear Health Centre (a new production facility for processing therapeutic isotopes). The diagnosis market remains a spearhead, but the focus will mainly be on innovations and expanding the production chain for therapeutic isotopes. Through the collaboration with various national and international university hospitals and knowledge institutions, Petten is to become a breeding ground in Europe for new nuclear medicine. This results in new treatments that can help implement customised patient therapy.
PALLAS aspires to become a high-reliability organisation with the skills and capability to deliver its mission and vision through its core values, whilst ensuring that its safety, security and quality objectives are always achieved. They apply their unique knowledge and experience to benefit society by taking an interest in our stakeholders.
PALLAS is composed of colleagues coming from all over the world, bringing together a unique set of knowledge and experience. Everyone in PALLAS is required to take personal responsibility for the safety of themselves and of anyone who is directly or indirectly affected by their actions. A high safety culture is continuously built by the organisation.
The Lead Planner will be responsible for project planning and scheduling. To that end, you will challenge the whole project schedule proposed by our contractor ICHOS on the various aspects of project, design and construction planning.
This function is a full-time (40 hours per week) or part-time (80-90%) position. You will report to the PMO Manager and will work in close collaboration with the Construction Manager.
The Lead Planner is responsible for the following projects:
- Maintaining a Management Integrated Project Schedule (MIPS) @ Level 2 for the PALLAS Foundation (using Primavera);
- Developing and documenting a methodology for statusing and reporting for Schedule Management, which will become the Schedule Management Process (using a Scheduling Manual);
- Monitoring the L3 Schedules for the Nuclear Health Centre;
- Developing a L3 schedule for the PALLAS-reactor;
- Verifying all L3 schedules are in alignment with the Scheduling Manual;
- Developing a methodology to link L3 schedules for all the various PALLAS projects to the MIPS;
- Ensuring the MIPS is compatible with other PMO Tooling (Cleopatra, WorQmanager).
The Lead Planner is responsible for the following operational topics:
- Supporting the PMO Manager on validating Contractor Schedules;
- Producing Status L3 Schedules and the MIPS according to the Scheduling Manual;
- Supporting the PMO with Schedule Management, checking for delays, running “what if” scenarios, delay impact analysis and verifying correct statusing with Contractors and PALLAS’ Work Package Owners;
- Supporting the PMO with Baseline Schedule Management;
- Ensuring compliance with Health/Safety and Quality guidelines;
- Coordinating Schedule Reader issues using Baseline Schedules.
We are looking for a Lead Planner, located in the Netherlands, who:
- Has a higher level (or mid-level with proven experience) of professional education;
- Has proven experience working in an international environment;
- Has organisational skills and the ability to organise their work and workload;
- Values their team and ensures regular, clear and correct communication.
Languages: English and Dutch (fluently spoken and written). Spanish is an asset.
PALLAS is a growing organisation and, as such, will present unique challenges and professional development opportunities for an associate in the area of nuclear safety.
PALLAS offers a very competitive salary, ranging from € 4018 – € 6181 gross per month plus holidays allowance (8%), depending on your education and experience. PALLAS will support you in becoming and remaining suitably qualified and experienced by supporting the necessary training and qualification.
You will be directly employed at PALLAS, starting with an annual employment contract. Based on the overall performance and results achieved, you will be offered the opportunity for renewal to an indefinite period contract. In addition to working with a fun team in a pleasant working environment, you will receive pension contributions, full coverage of your transportation costs, a business phone and laptop. PALLAS also offers you a Personal Choice Budget that could provide you with extra holidays.
Within PALLAS, you will work with and get the support from senior members of the PMO team. You will experience that the work has a high degree of variation and challenges, with many opportunities to learn and grow. You will work in an international and professional environment in our office in Alkmaar.
At PALLAS, they care for health and well-being, safety, security and the environment, they act truthfully and professionally and deliver what they promise.