GIDARA Energy has the ambition to become a global processing company converting non-recyclable waste into valuable chemical building blocks and advanced biofuels. GIDARA Energy develops its own projects from initial concept based on own proprietary technology into full operations.
It is essential for GIDARA Energy to develop deep understanding of the current regulatory framework driving demand for renewable fuels and chemicals today. Also, they need to anticipate, monitor and interpret future regulatory changes impacting their products to manage challenges and opportunities.
Policies and laws impacting feedstocks and their acceptability and classifications are further important areas for them to comprehend and appreciate.
They will build relationships with relevant authorities and other stakeholders enabling them to support and influence policy making at both EU and key member state level as well as the UK as initial focus areas.
GIDARA Energy is seeking a Regulatory Affairs Manager to become a recognised expert in above mentioned key policy areas impacting their business and to manage the interface with governmental bodies and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of current and future regulations that may impact GIDARA Energy’s products and feedstocks, at both EU and member state level.
- Interpret that understanding to explain impact on GIDARA Energy’s business and provide timely advise on regulatory requirements and input into business strategy formulation.
- Oversee the necessary value chain of the products with essential technologies and understands the work processes during the project lifecycle.
- Provide relevant input on requirements and opportunities for individual plants based on regulatory frameworks applicable to a given location.
- Engage with regulatory authorities for marketing authorisation and/or interpretations of regulations.
- Liaise with relevant sustainability certification bodies to ensure that all applicable accreditations are obtained.
- Gather and evaluate data that has been researched by colleagues from different disciplines including business development and technology experts and provide feedback from regulatory perspectives.
- Develop and maintain a road map for business development concerning regulations and resulting business opportunities.
- Explore for and exploit available subsidies that any of GIDARA Energy’s projects may be eligible for.
- Understand the landscape of relevant industry bodies / trade associations, propose relevant memberships and represent Gidara Energy and its interests in these groups.
- Monitor and share energy and climate related news.
- The Chief Commercial Officer of the Company.
You bring the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in relevant academic field
- Additional academic qualifications in process engineering or technical business management is desirable
- Minimum ten years of relevant work experience, preferably with producing companies in the energy and/or chemicals sector
- Working experience and existing network with governmental authorities and regulatory affairs
- Existing knowledge of relevant EU regulations
- Strong analytical skills for interpretation of complex regulatory frameworks to inform business strategy formulation
- Ability to represent GIDARA Energy before various audiences including public institutions and industry bodies to influence the debate and present GIDARA Energy as a thought leader in its field
- Basic understanding on life cycle analysis and greenhouse gas emission calculation concepts
- Excellent written and spoken English, other European languages would be an asset
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch
- Work and residency permit for the Netherlands
Soft skills and behaviour:
- Open and communicative team player
- Excellent networking skills (external and internal),
- Influencing and interpersonal skills
Key Performance Indicators:
- Develop a roadmap with priorities and opportunities based on possible product portfolio.
- Develop in conjunction with authorities unique selling points for GIDARA Energy
- Integrated network set up for the GIDARA Energy business.
- GIDARA Energy is developing its business in Mainland Europe but also in the UK it is expected that the work location is flexible, and RAO is expected on a frequent basis in the staff office in Amsterdam.
€ 125.000 – 150.000 + bonus + secundary package + training opportunities