LyondellBasell is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world’s largest producer of polymer compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies.
You are responsible for managing the technical reliability for our Catalloy and Polybutene plants. Because the size (150 employees) of the facility you will deal with a great variety of disciplines.
As a Manager Maintenance Engineering at LyondellBasell you are part of the Maintenance & Site Projects organisation which includes 40 employees and fixed contractors.
Lead a multidisciplinary team of 7 engineers such as maintenance engineers, reliability engineer and process control engineers. Next to this you perform engineering activities yourself.
- Daily supervision of the engineering department. Direct, coach, help the team to achieve the targets and have success by creating the right preconditions and ensure/stimulate team spirit.
- Key role in the maintenance & site projects department management team. This consists of the supervisor execution, supervisor projects & outages and staff functions.
- Substitution of manager maintenance & site projects if absent or upon request.
- End responsible for achieving the department KPI targets.
- Monthly communication of budget forecast within the influence of the department whereby the target is to stay within the budget.
- Yearly delivery of extraordinary maintenance expenditure estimation for next year budget.
- Responsible for ensuring an adequate maintenance strategy is implemented for the plants, optimized and guard the execution.
- Responsible for setting-up and actively update a long-term integrity/reliability plan by identifying maintenance or replacement projects, obsolescence, etc. and integrate into the investment plan.
- Leading assigned projects and act as scope engineer.
- Deliver and challenge shutdown and turnaround scopes.
- Multidisciplinary identification of bad actors, performance killers and schedule breakers and making proposals for improvements.
- Provide technical advice and support in case of complex or major technical failures.
- Lead, perform or participate in root cause analysis studies of complex or major technical failures.
- Identify opportunities that increase reliability or reduce maintenance costs.
- Determine an optimal spare parts strategy (what, how much, obsolescence, …).
- Continuous improvement of work processes (prepare and report KPIs, define and implement actions from results and give feedback).
- Participate in the call out schedule.
You are a pragmatic team player, improvement focused and goal driven with excellent communication skills.
You lead, connect and guide people, take initiative and take responsibility.
You have proven extensive reliability- maintenance- asset management knowledge You are proactive and always looking forward.
- Masters’ or Bachelors’ degree in engineering.
- Minimal 5 years’ experience in comparable role(s) at capital intensive production assets.
- Proven experience in reliability management and accompanied processes.
€ 90.000 – 110.000 + bonus + excellent secundairy package