Inspector / Authority Engineer
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world’s largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the fourth consecutive year.
Our vision, mission, values and leadership principles drive how we behave, how we interact and how we will consistently deliver outstanding results.
As an Inspector at Level 3, you will act in accordance with Dutch legislation on Pressure Equipment and LyondellBasell corporate requirements, as a qualified and independent Inspector. You will inspect and examine Pressure Equipment, Piping, Storage tanks and other relevant Mechanical Static equipment within different aspects of engineering, design and in service.
You will act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) towards plant operations and maintenance for mechanical integrity matters.
Activities and duties but are not limited to:
• Define, implement and improve inspection strategies based on best available techniques;
• Review and approve inspection reports;
• Act independent and corrective in relevant situations;
• Provide support in authority engineering for capital projects;
• Conduct reliability studies based on inspection findings;
• Experience with Risk Based Inspection methodology to optimize the inspection program.
You feel right at home in a manufacturing environment where you embrace compliancy and integrity. You show a strong drive for results and continuous improvement. With your excellent communication and engagement skills, you are able to collaborate on different levels on site like the plant operations team and the maintenance colleagues. You demonstrate courage when stepping up to address difficult issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Post BSc training SKO I&K Level 3 or International Welding Engineer (Las Praktijk Ingenieur, IWE/LPI), including certification SKK Level 3 or IWE/LPI;
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in inspections and examinations of Pressure Equipment and other Mechanical Static equipment as an Inspector Mechanical Engineer;
- Extensive knowledge of national and international design codes (ASME) in relation with Pressure Equipment, Storage tanks and other relevant Static Equipment;
- You need to have extensive knowledge of national and international rules and regulations (PRDA, API, NEN, EEMUA, etc.);a
- Working knowledge of our ERP software SAP;
- Ability to communicate verbally and on paper in both Dutch and English with high proficiency level.
€ 85.000 – 105.000 + bonus + excellent secundary package