GIDARA Energy has the ambition to become a global processing company converting non-recyclable waste into valuable chemical building blocks and advanced biofuels. They will do so by employing their patented High Temperature Winkler (HTW®) technology, the leading gasification technology, with decades of experience at commercial scale. GIDARA Energy develops its own projects from initial concept based on own proprietary technology into full operations.
GIDARA Energy operates in a fast-growing market that presents many potential opportunities. They must be selective in choosing the best combination of location, feedstock, product and business partners including customers. Their first projects are well under way and their ambitious plans to develop future projects are supported by strong and growing demand for our products, underpinned by accelerating regulation.
To help them deliver against our growth plans, they are seeking a Business Development Manager to join their dynamic international team of passionate professionals. The successful candidate will take ownership of the business development process for specific projects, create and qualify leads and developing opportunities to executable projects, ready for board approval.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and evaluate leads and develop opportunities from a conceptual phase to complete feasibility and subject board approval handover to project development for engineering; liaise closely with CCO and other internal stakeholders as relevant throughout the process.
- As primary contact for stakeholders, develop and manage relationships with (potential) suppliers of feedstock, offtakers, landowners, and utility providers for specific projects.
- Oversee the necessary value chain of the product(s) with essential technologies, and understands the work processes during the project lifecycle.
- Cooperate closely with technology specialists and other colleagues in the process scope and technical content of the projects.
- Develop project feasibility studies to include both commercial and technical components.
- Compose commercial and technical proposals for potential business partners and develop these into LOIs/MOUs and actual agreements as appropriate.
- Represent GIDARA Energy and promote its business during conferences and other relevant industry events.
- Develops relationships with potential clients for certain market sectors.
- Chief Commercial Officer
Educational and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in relevant academic field, e.g. commercial technical.
- Additional academic qualifications in Industrial Engineering and Management (technische bedrijfskunde), Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Technical Business Management
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience (Commercial, Business Development, Project management), preferably with producing companies in the energy and/or chemicals sector.
- Experience of working within the sustainability/energy transition arena would be desirable.
- Practical experience to develop feasibility and business reports.
- Excellent written and spoken English, other European languages would be an asset.
- Computer literate.
- Work and residency permit for the Netherlands
Soft skills and behaviour:
- Self-starter using initiative
- Open and communicative team player, able to independently lead/drive project developments
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Well-developed influencing and negotiation skills, ability to inspire others
- Passion for sustainability and the energy transition
- Ability to translate technically complex matters into easily understandable and manageable actions for other project team members.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Lead the business development process for allocated projects, create and qualify leads and developing opportunities to feasibility/executable projects
- Create comprehensive feasibility reports to support decision making
- The Hague, Amsterdam or Schiphol area
€ 105.000 – 125.000 + bonus + secundary package + training opportunities