GIDARA Energy has the ambition to become a global processing company converting non-recyclable waste into valuable chemical building blocks and advanced biofuels. They will do so by employing their patented High Temperature Winkler® (HTW®) technology, the leading waste gasification technology, with decades of experience at commercial scale. GIDARA Energy develops its own projects from initial concept based on own proprietary technology into full operation.
GIDARA Energy operates in a fast-growing market that presents many potential opportunities. They must be selective in choosing the best combination of location, feedstock, product and business partners, including customers. Their first projects, e.g. Advanced Methanol Amsterdam and Advanced Methanol Rotterdam, are well under way and their ambitious plans to develop future projects are supported by strong and growing demand for their products, underpinned by the accelerating energy transition and corresponding legislation.
For their growing business and the exciting new investments, GIDARA ENERGY is looking for a Startup Manager to join the team in Nootdorp, the Netherlands
In the role of Startup Manager, you will manage the successful start-up and operations of the Advanced Methanol plants in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and subsequent plants in Europe. You are part of the Operations team in Nootdorp but will frequently visit the site locations and engineering offices. In this role you will report to the COO.
- Successful start-up of the Amsterdam, Rotterdam and subsequent plants
- Provide oversight on EPC contractor and O&M partner for successful start-up
- Provide and Improve HTW Startup Operating Procedures and Training program
- Capture Learnings and improve Start-ups across sites
- Provide suggestions to technology to improve HTW startup facilities
- Support sites for (un)planned shutdowns
You bring the following competencies:
- Master degree in engineering or equivalent by experience
- 15 years experience in petro/chemical plants, with at least five years experience as production head and experience in starting up new facilities
- Experience in gasification or fluidised beds and gas treatment is a plus
- High HSE and operating standards
- Passion for operations of chemical facilities
- Drive to continuously learn and improve
- Ambition to grow the business and improve the operations
- Can work efficiently as part of a highly dynamic team and can also take ownership and work independently, hands-on
- Excellent organizational and work coordination skills
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch
- Flexibility for travel and work location in line with startup requirements (HQ, EPC contractor and site locations).
- A challenging job in an organization that is growing rapidly, with an informal atmosphere
- An opportunity to be an active part of the Energy Transition
- A competitive salary with excellent secondary employment conditions and in addition to the regular conditions, also training opportunities and a pension scheme