LBC Tank Terminals, with its’ headquarters in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, is an independent operator of midstream and downstream bulk liquid storage facilities for chemicals, oils and refined petroleum products currently owning and operating a global network of terminals with a combined storage capacity of 3.0 million m³. The global footprint consists of 7 facilities located in Europe and America serving over 70 customers, including all major players.
LBC’s long-term strategic direction in defined. The strategic direction is translated into 5 priorities they persue in order to become world leading reference for chemical storage solutions. The 5 priorities are sustainability and CSR, growth, operational excellence, margin improvement and digitalization and automation.
To further strengthen the technical organization, LBC is looking for a
The Process Engineer reports hierarchically to the Asset & Engineering Director ARA. He will be working on optimizing the technical assets and (process) installations on the Antwerp and Rotterdam terminals with regards to sustainability, safety and process optimization. Also he/she will be participating in the design phase for new projects which could go into construction.
General tasks & responsibilities
- Assist in basis and detailed engineering for (new) projects
- Feasibility studies
- Conduct studies on changing legislation and their impact on the (process) installations in Antwerp and Rotterdam.
- Working on continuous improvement leading to more (process) safety, and minimizing risks for the environment. Important theme: Sustainable vapor processing.
- Working on projects in sustainablility; minimizing the use of energy consumption to operate the terminals.
- Active in (co-)leading projects with regards to process installations
- Develop, launch and imbed engineering standards on process installations
- Active role at HAZOP studies
- Support local terminal teams in knowledge
- sharing and trouble shooting
- Bachelor / academic degree in Process or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years relevant working experience as a Process Engineer
- Background in petrochemical industry or tankterminal business
- Pragmatic, analytic skills, pro-active, supportive
eu. 80.000 – 95.000 per year + excellent sec. package